Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Ft Wayne , Indiana, Home & Garden Show 2014




This is garden show number two for this year. I love what all the local business people do to put on this show. Weather played a big part on setting up this years show. It has been a brutal winter and challenging growers with greenhouses. Fuel bills have been horrendous. I, as a visitor, want you to know your efforts are much appreciated. I always see things that are new. It keeps us abreast with what is being developed to make the things we do easier and better.

There was a lot of hardscape. There was garden art, mulch, and of course plants. A hydroponic planter took my eye,. It is used for year around gardening.  A fresh salad everyday.

Hydroponic Planter

Zelkova Bonsais

I bought a bonsais "Zelkova" that I placed in my south window. Perfect placement for sun exposure . I also purchased a cute red hanging planter  that I filled with Tillandsia.The Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory is always a favorite. of mine .Great plants at a good value. Shopped at the " Bee Hive" They had a nice display of honey, lotions, creams, soaps, and all things made with bee derivatives.

Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory
Bee Hive

The Master Gardeners had their usual booth with seeds and fielded questions about gardening. The Orchid Society had a fine display.

From the garden part of the show, we moved to the home part of the show. We sampled salsa, beef stick. and a slush made with wine. Now we can have a party. There are a lot of new products to be had for the home. An air purifier got my attention. I need to think about that.
They had educational seminars that I did not get to attend. It was reported to me, they were well attended.
All in all , it was another successful show .

Design by Arbor Farms

Until next year, Louise










2 comments:

  1. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. komposit hegn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you John Carter. I missed the show this year. I was in Ecuador with the Tandana Foundation working with the Indigenous people of that country. Fourteen Master Gardeners from OSU Extension from around the state spent 7 days planting trees, working in a nursery, working in a school garden, and made a new garden for a handicapped lady to name a little of what we accomplished. It is a fantastic program.

    ReplyDelete